BACK IN USSR
During this excursion you will discover the Soviet era in Russia in St. Petersburg. You will travel through the times of Stalin, Krushev and Brezhnev, you will see the contrast between past and present. The excursion ends with a cozy tea in the apartment of a Russian family.
Hammer and sickle on various coats of arms, medals, flags, even construction walls. The hammer represented the workers' tool, while the sickle represented the farmer.
The Communist Party was a union of workers and peasants, i.e. representatives of industry (a hammer) and agriculture (a sickle). Red was the main color of the Soviets, it meant "flame" - the color of the struggle.
The USSR flag, the pioneers' tie, the stars on the medals were red.
The Soviet flag of the USSR founded in 1922 and included only 4 republics: Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and the Caucasus Republics (Armenia, Georgia and Azerbajan).
Later Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and others belonged to the Soviet Union.
In 1940 the USSR was made up of 15 republics.
The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics was ruled at different times by Vladimir Lenin, Iosif Stalin, Nikita Khrushev, Leonid Brezhnev, Yuri Andropov, Konstantin Chernenko, Mikhail Gorbachev.
The USSR is not only the communist party and the KGB, but also:
- October badge; Lenin rooms; pioneering ties; forays into the collection of paper and metal at school;
- Soviet propaganda in art, literature, science, radio and TV;
- types of condominiums of Stalin, Brezhnev and Khrushev;
- Millions of jokes about Brezhnev;
- Perestroika and anti-alcoholic campaign of Gorbachev;
- A lot of red and black caviar, but little milk and meat in the shops;
- Streets of Lenin in every city and town in the country;
- Shipments in space;
- Soviet cars, audio and video equipment;
- pseudo-equal rights and opportunities;
- True patriotism, brotherhood and sincere pride for the success of the country in some areas of life;
- Stability and trust in the future.